Five Nights of Roleplay

Abandoned and all alone, what will you do? Five Nights at Freddy's is owned by Scott Cawthon.

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to FNoR!
The forum is currently under construction.

Share | 

Joey the Dog

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Joey the Dog   Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:05 am

Robot Information

Name(s): Joey the Dog
Gender(?): Male
Species Golden retriever
Body Color(s): Yellow
Eye Color(s): Dark brown
Reason for Decommission: Refusal to interact with customers
Intended Function: Best friend
Personality: Joey is a friendly animatronic whom is very protective of those he cares about, and he is open to meeting strangers and making new friends. He likes playing harmless pranks on others, and is great with kids. He loves to have fun, and takes any responsibility given to him very seriously. Joey will not rest until his assigned task is completed, whatever it might be. Unfortunately, after being sold to Fazbear Entertainment and later decommissioned, he has become rather withdrawn around children, as he is still devoted to Lulu and believes that no child could ever replace her. His voice box also tends to glitch out occasionally, causing him to stutter his words when he speaks.
Unique Structural Features: Quadrupedal
Passive/Neutral/Aggressive: Neutral for the most part, can get aggressive when his family or friends are threatened
Backstory: Joey was designed to act as the best friend of a young girl named Lulu. For a while, they lived happily together, and Joey was kept in good repair. Eventually Lulu lost interest in Joey and asked her father for a cat animatronic instead, as "a kitten would be a lot cuter." Joey was hurt by this, but he tried his best not to let it affect him enough to damage his chances at making new friends.
Other(?): He was built by robotics engineers hired by Lulu's father (a CEO), as he didn't want his little girl to be alone while he was on long business trips. When Lulu told her father that she was tired of Joey and wanted a cat instead, Joey was sold to Fazbear Entertainment, as it was believed that having an animatronic dog on board would work to draw in even more customers. Joey, however, was still mourning the loss of his friendship with Lulu, and did not wish to interact with any of the other children, as he believed that none of them could replace Lulu. Eventually management just gave up and had him decommissioned.

Name(s): Joey
Race: Caucasian
Hair Color(s): Blonde
Eye Color(s): Dark brown
Sexuality: Bisexual
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 140 lbs
Distinguishing Marks (Tattoos, piercings, scars.): None

Potato

Last edited by Zodiac on Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fredmom
Admin

Female Aries Cat

PostSubject: Re: Joey the Dog   Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:43 pm

Just because of some confusion on your character, we can't officially approve it yet.

For my critique, since I do not have an actual image of Joey (which you should post here when you're able), I can only work on his actual character.

I don't see any real issues with him, aside from his backstory needing a little more beefing up.  You need to explain how exactly Lulu had access to a personal animatronic (I image such a thing is not cheap to come by--) and how Joey himself is connected to Fazbear Entertainment as well.

Joey is a rather stable character, not to mention unique (I think its kind of cool he worked as a personal robot--  but that just might be my Star Wars side talking personal assistance droids hah) but one thing that strikes me is that he doesn't appear to have any prevalent flaws.  I'm assuming he didn't suffer through having a corpse shoved into his body, so he most likely isn't going to have anything majorly wrong with him (we're not going to see him getting possessed by anything--).  A good spot to have him develop a flaw would be with Lulu's decision to replace him; Retrievers are reknown for their friendship and loyalty, and an event such of this would most likely result in some alteration of his behavior.

So yes; Just get some pictures up there and put some more meat on the backstory and explain some bits, and I think you're good to go.  I'd love to see what he's like in an RP!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fredmom.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: Joey the Dog   Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:17 pm

Just to add onto and specify what LP said, keep in mind that he'll be at the warehouse like everyone else, since that's where the entire rp universe takes place, so you need to explain HOW he got there and WHY he's there.

For example, say Fazbear Entertainment bought him when his family didn't want him anymore. Why would a pizzeria franchise want a robotic dog? What do they plan to do with him? Why did they decide to decommission him and put him in the warehouse with the others?

Also one thing I pointed out to LP, but I guess she forgot about, was that it would be appreciated if you clarified if this animatronic dog is quadrupedal(we've assumed so far since he's a companion animal), meaning it walks on four legs. This usually wouldn't need to be specified if you had a picture but...You don't seem to have one yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joey the Dog   Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:39 pm

Okay, so I added more to his personality and backstory, but I hope the lack of a picture isn't too glaring of an issue. I am a horrible artist, so unless someone decides they want to do a picture of Joey, there probably won't be a reference picture. Sorry...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joey the Dog   Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:02 pm

A picture isn't technically required unless you have no other way to clearly explain his appearance and stature; visual things like that. However you edited in that he was a quadruped, which really was the only thing missing from the appearance part of the form, since it was unique. Good on you.

Also you've fixed up the backstory and such quite well! I'm happy to approve it Big Grin

ALSO THAT AVATAR YES
IS THAT OKAMI ART OF ONE OF THE CANINE WARRIORS without their scarf
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joey the Dog   Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:25 pm

Thank you very much~!

I picked it because I love the art style of Okami, and since my username is Zodiac and I'm a dog, I decided to go with a dog avatar. I'm not certain if it has anything to do with the Canine Warriors, though.
Back to top Go down
donger
Admin

Male Aries Cat

PostSubject: Re: Joey the Dog   Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:43 am

This character has been added to the active character list seen here. If you see any inaccurate information, please inform myself or another admin. We will try to fix any issues as soon as possible.

Topic Approved and Locked

PM me if you need help with anything.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fivenightsofroleplay.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joey the Dog   

Back to top Go down

Joey the Dog
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1